I spent yesterday as a true tourist ... I walked back to the museum and caught the hop on-hop off bus and took it to the Sky Tower. Rode to the top and got a nice view of the city and surrounding islands. They had two viewing levels and a cafe near the top - had a coffee and "sweet treat" and enjoyed the view! 


Then I caught the bus to the harbor and walked around a bit. Had lunch overlooking the water. Caught the bus again and went to Bastion Point - a high point in the city used as a lookout over the harbor - more beautiful views. From there I walked down to the beach and walked in the water for a bit, then climbed back up the hill and caught the bus home.



I wandered around Parnell Rd a bit more - stopped for gelato again (Bailey's flavored gelato ... need I say more?!) and did a little shopping. Last night I went to dinner at a sushi place my hosts recommended - I ordered a rainbow roll, but to my disappointment they used what looked like salad mix (complete with carrots and red cabbage) along with pickled ginger for the inside of the roll ... ick. And the fish on top was room temperature, which made me nervous. I ate about half the roll and called it a night. Today I'm off to Waiheke Island to see the sights and take a winery tour!
I wandered around Parnell Rd a bit more - stopped for gelato again (Bailey's flavored gelato ... need I say more?!) and did a little shopping. Last night I went to dinner at a sushi place my hosts recommended - I ordered a rainbow roll, but to my disappointment they used what looked like salad mix (complete with carrots and red cabbage) along with pickled ginger for the inside of the roll ... ick. And the fish on top was room temperature, which made me nervous. I ate about half the roll and called it a night. Today I'm off to Waiheke Island to see the sights and take a winery tour!
Comments