We woke up to another beautiful day in Queenstown. We had the day to explore before we drove down to Te Anau for the night. Here's the view from breakfast in the morning, looking out on Lake Wakatipu, and a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXnxTceWKY
The girls at breakfast:
Great little downtown, with pretty fall colors and the Remarkable Mountains in the distance.


On our way up to the gondolas (which we didn't end up going on), we saw this little crepe stand ... can you see why we stopped for lunch? (hint, check out the sign ...)
I had crepes with Nutella, bananas, and coconut - delish! Ryan passed on the crepes in favor of checking out an infamous burger joint in town. I ended up being incredibly jealous of his Fergburger (he was nice enough to give me a bite).
The Bohlens, chilling in Queenstown.
Out on the lake - the tour boat and a jet boat:
Fall colors and "The Remarks".
After a leisurely day of souvenier shopping and lunch, we headed to Te Anau for the night. We had happy hour in the hotel when we got in and found out that our bartender was from Wisconsin - graduated from UW and had worked at Paisan's in Madison before heading to NZ for a few months.
The girls at breakfast:
Great little downtown, with pretty fall colors and the Remarkable Mountains in the distance.We went out to dinner in town. I was pretty unenthused by the salad I got for dinner - I ordered a salad with pears and blue cheese ... instead of blue cheese crumbles, it same with two huge wedges of blue cheese on top!
We had a quiet night at the Distinction hotel, ready to check out Milford Sound the next day.
Comments