Skip to main content

Mallorca

Took a cab for almost 30 min to get to the aeropuerto in Granada...trains are definitely easier to get to in the city. But, our flight to Palma was speedy and uneventful.

Checked into our hotel and then caught a hip-on-hop-off bus around the city to see everything. The cathedral here is an impressive sight! Very windy in the afternoon but we sat outside for a late lunch after sightseeing.

Back to the hotel for a siesta and showers and then out for sushi, since we were both craving it. We then went out to check out the Mallorcan night life ... first stop was an Irish pub with an American band playing, which was interesting. Turns out the clubs were all closed on Wed nights, so we stopped by a few other bars including one that looked fun cause we saw everyone dancing inside, but turned out to be a crossdressing bar.

Today was rainy most of the day and since we had a beach day planned we've been laying low. Walked to a restaurant near the hotel and ate a late lunch inside (we were trying to remember for sure, but I think this was only the 4th meal of our trip that we've eaten inside - we've been spoiled by nice weather and a culture that loves outdoor dining!), got ice cream, found an atm (hopefully our last stop for cash!), grocery store, etc. Got lots of reading done and are actually going to bed soon since we have a 430am wakeup call in order to catch our 7 o'clock flight to Barcelona. Lots to see there in our last two days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lauterbrunnen and Mürren, updated

Lauren and I are reading books, Jeff's at the laundromat. Really good day today. 21,000 steps! We're pooped! Walked thru the Lauterbrunnen valley, so beautiful. Wonderful day for it, too. Then up a cable car to Murren. I will post more later, but my phone battery is low and I'm going to try to get Lo to sleep. Update:  Yesterday was awesome. Jeff said it was his favorite hike, I still think Mannlichen too Kleine Scheidegg is my fave, but this was a very close second.  Started with breakfast again. L ate more pancakes, I got a fried egg and a roll with Nutella. Yum! Ooh, and the coffee, so good.  Then a nap for L and we got packed for the day. Caught the noon train to Lauterbrunnen. It was our first time leaving the station there; we've changed trains there a ton, but never left the platform. Town was really nice, and we had a gorgeous sunny day. The first waterfall is just outside of the main drag and then we got on what a blog I read called "a ...

Mannlichen

So last night we went to an Italian steakhouse/ pizza place for dinner called Sina's. We kept Lauren entertained with several of those really long skinny hard breadsticks (Mom, remember when you used to buy those for us?) and then when our anti pasta plate arrived (ham, salami, cheese, pickles (they seem to love pickles here!) and really tasty) the waiter (I think he was the owner) looked right at her sitting in Jeff's lap, said "this is for you" and set it right in front of her...a split second later she had both hands smack in the middle of the plate. Pretty funny, wish I'd gotten a picture. Jeff had pizza for dinner, I had spaghetti alla carbonara (good, but not as good as yours, Mom). Lauren sat in our laps until our main course came and then sat pretty happily in her stroller next to me, as long as I kept putting pasta in her mouth! Dinner was really good, probably amplified by the fact it was only our second real meal of the trip and neither of us had lunch....

Train, train, train, cog wheel train

I need to stop telling you that Lauren is asleep in her crib... She always wakes up right after I post! We had a lights-on party at midnight last night for over an hour. Anyway, it's all kind of a blur but Jeff got up around 9 and went down to eat; brought me up some eggs and fruit. And coffee (good man!). We got ready and packed up. New arrangement for the trains today (I thought it'd be to hard to get the two suitcases strapped together on and off trains)... suitcase with stroller attached and suitcase with hiking backpack attached and then I rolled the little one and carried Lauren. It worked pretty well. I keep thinking we have so much stuff! But glad we have Lauren with us even if it means lots of extra stuff. I am typing these updates on my phone, btw, and the autocorrect is super annoying, in case you see and super weird words thrown in. So the trains went well. We caught the train Zurich>Bern first. It was an express and only took about an hour, which was nice. L...