Skip to main content

Sevilla

Today we spent a little time by the pool in the morning, then showered and got to the bus station. We had a short train ride to Sevilla and decided to splurge on a taxi once we arrived since it is Hot and we had about a half hour walk (through confusing Spanish streets). Our hotel is cute and very quirky...its made up of old Jewish houses they've connected together. Check out the view when you open the door to our room ...

I threw on a dress (to be cathedral appropriate and as cool as possible) and we made the short walk to the Catedral de Sevilla ...which is massive!! Pics won't do it justice. We walked around the whole thing, then went inside. Largest gothic building in the world, third largest church in Europe.

From there we went to Alcazar palace and walked through there and the gardens. Then some tapas...

Stopped at a grocery store for a bottle of wine (we got upgraded to a suite with robes and decided on a movie and wine night in tonight) and fruit (joy!!). We've been sitting in the lobby to use the WiFi and to figure out our travel to Gibraltar on Saturday. Good WiFi here (not in Cordoba) so I'll plan to post again tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lauterbrunnen and Mürren, updated

Lauren and I are reading books, Jeff's at the laundromat. Really good day today. 21,000 steps! We're pooped! Walked thru the Lauterbrunnen valley, so beautiful. Wonderful day for it, too. Then up a cable car to Murren. I will post more later, but my phone battery is low and I'm going to try to get Lo to sleep. Update:  Yesterday was awesome. Jeff said it was his favorite hike, I still think Mannlichen too Kleine Scheidegg is my fave, but this was a very close second.  Started with breakfast again. L ate more pancakes, I got a fried egg and a roll with Nutella. Yum! Ooh, and the coffee, so good.  Then a nap for L and we got packed for the day. Caught the noon train to Lauterbrunnen. It was our first time leaving the station there; we've changed trains there a ton, but never left the platform. Town was really nice, and we had a gorgeous sunny day. The first waterfall is just outside of the main drag and then we got on what a blog I read called "a ...

Mannlichen

So last night we went to an Italian steakhouse/ pizza place for dinner called Sina's. We kept Lauren entertained with several of those really long skinny hard breadsticks (Mom, remember when you used to buy those for us?) and then when our anti pasta plate arrived (ham, salami, cheese, pickles (they seem to love pickles here!) and really tasty) the waiter (I think he was the owner) looked right at her sitting in Jeff's lap, said "this is for you" and set it right in front of her...a split second later she had both hands smack in the middle of the plate. Pretty funny, wish I'd gotten a picture. Jeff had pizza for dinner, I had spaghetti alla carbonara (good, but not as good as yours, Mom). Lauren sat in our laps until our main course came and then sat pretty happily in her stroller next to me, as long as I kept putting pasta in her mouth! Dinner was really good, probably amplified by the fact it was only our second real meal of the trip and neither of us had lunch....

Train, train, train, cog wheel train

I need to stop telling you that Lauren is asleep in her crib... She always wakes up right after I post! We had a lights-on party at midnight last night for over an hour. Anyway, it's all kind of a blur but Jeff got up around 9 and went down to eat; brought me up some eggs and fruit. And coffee (good man!). We got ready and packed up. New arrangement for the trains today (I thought it'd be to hard to get the two suitcases strapped together on and off trains)... suitcase with stroller attached and suitcase with hiking backpack attached and then I rolled the little one and carried Lauren. It worked pretty well. I keep thinking we have so much stuff! But glad we have Lauren with us even if it means lots of extra stuff. I am typing these updates on my phone, btw, and the autocorrect is super annoying, in case you see and super weird words thrown in. So the trains went well. We caught the train Zurich>Bern first. It was an express and only took about an hour, which was nice. L...