Lauren slept great last night, didn't wake up until after 9. So we got another late start, but I guess that's the trade off when we have dinner and she goes to bed at 10. Curious to see what happens with her sleep schedule when we get home.
Last night we went to a place near the hotel for dinner. Jeff got a brat with onion sauce and rosti; I got rosti with ham and a fried egg on top - tasty!
This morning we stopped at a bakery, my request, and I got a "milk coffee" and an apple turnover. We headed across the famous kapellbrücke (covered bridge) and then sat so I could share my treat with Lauren. She was a fan.
Then we wandered our way over to the lion monument. We ended up sitting on a bench not far from there to feed Lauren and lots of people walking around on their lunch break or sitting to eat. We wandered for a while trying to find something for lunch. Jeff must have walked into and out of 6 places trying to find something he wanted. We had finally almost made it back to the hotel when we found a place called Bahnhöfli. They had burgers. Jeff had a spicy one and I had one with pesto, tomato, and mozzarella. The burger was really tasty, almost like meatloaf, definitely a different texture than home and more flavor in the meat itself. I also had a homemade iced tea that was delicious! Lauren tried the burger, but mostly enjoyed some fries.
Back here for a nap for a few hours. Afterwards we stopped by the train station to buy our tickets to the airport on Wednesday, and yup the post office. Then we walked down the river and over the other covered bridge. Then up a huge hill (felt like we were back in Wengen!) towards the old city walls. We got to one of the towers you can climb up (and then you can walk to another couple of towers along the wall) but it wad definitely not stroller friendly. So I went up... Jeff had had enough stairs for a while after Trummelbachfalls... took a few pictures and admired the view of the city and the lake. They had built a modern wooden structure and floors inside the tower but there were a few original things... some stone troughs that looked to direct water to a basin and then out a window, and some original stone steps.
Wandered back into town and then along the lake for a while. Pretty views and nice hotels along there. We decided a picnic dinner of wine, cheese, and bread sounded good (well, I did, and Jeff relented) so we walked back to the Coop by the lion monument. Turns out they close at 630, so we ended up with cheese, bread, diet coke, and salami. So we walked thru the train station on the way to the hotel and I grabbed wine, apple sauce, and a chocolate bar... you know, to round out the meal ;)
Lauren was d.o.n.e. And hungry, I realized, poor girl. Back to the hotel, we fed her,I borrowed a cork screw from the hotel, Jeff sliced some cheese, and we had a picnic on the bed. L loved the apple sauce just like the other night, and she's eating tons of bread every day.
We're going to try to take a short boat ride tomorrow. And I have a little shopping to do. We'll pack tomorrow night because we have to check out about 830 to catch our 9 am train.
Last night we went to a place near the hotel for dinner. Jeff got a brat with onion sauce and rosti; I got rosti with ham and a fried egg on top - tasty!
This morning we stopped at a bakery, my request, and I got a "milk coffee" and an apple turnover. We headed across the famous kapellbrücke (covered bridge) and then sat so I could share my treat with Lauren. She was a fan.
Then we wandered our way over to the lion monument. We ended up sitting on a bench not far from there to feed Lauren and lots of people walking around on their lunch break or sitting to eat. We wandered for a while trying to find something for lunch. Jeff must have walked into and out of 6 places trying to find something he wanted. We had finally almost made it back to the hotel when we found a place called Bahnhöfli. They had burgers. Jeff had a spicy one and I had one with pesto, tomato, and mozzarella. The burger was really tasty, almost like meatloaf, definitely a different texture than home and more flavor in the meat itself. I also had a homemade iced tea that was delicious! Lauren tried the burger, but mostly enjoyed some fries.
Back here for a nap for a few hours. Afterwards we stopped by the train station to buy our tickets to the airport on Wednesday, and yup the post office. Then we walked down the river and over the other covered bridge. Then up a huge hill (felt like we were back in Wengen!) towards the old city walls. We got to one of the towers you can climb up (and then you can walk to another couple of towers along the wall) but it wad definitely not stroller friendly. So I went up... Jeff had had enough stairs for a while after Trummelbachfalls... took a few pictures and admired the view of the city and the lake. They had built a modern wooden structure and floors inside the tower but there were a few original things... some stone troughs that looked to direct water to a basin and then out a window, and some original stone steps.
Wandered back into town and then along the lake for a while. Pretty views and nice hotels along there. We decided a picnic dinner of wine, cheese, and bread sounded good (well, I did, and Jeff relented) so we walked back to the Coop by the lion monument. Turns out they close at 630, so we ended up with cheese, bread, diet coke, and salami. So we walked thru the train station on the way to the hotel and I grabbed wine, apple sauce, and a chocolate bar... you know, to round out the meal ;)
Lauren was d.o.n.e. And hungry, I realized, poor girl. Back to the hotel, we fed her,I borrowed a cork screw from the hotel, Jeff sliced some cheese, and we had a picnic on the bed. L loved the apple sauce just like the other night, and she's eating tons of bread every day.
We're going to try to take a short boat ride tomorrow. And I have a little shopping to do. We'll pack tomorrow night because we have to check out about 830 to catch our 9 am train.





Comments