Friday. Cool - 72. Turns out 5-8 degrees makes a big difference!










We took our time in the morning (girls always have a snacky breakfast in our room, I had two cups of coffee) and I finished my third book (the first two were really good, this one was eh). Then everyone put on pants to walk around a bit - we headed out to the marina to a diner there for breakfast. We waited quite a while for our food, played the camping memory game again, and Abby had several meltdowns. It’s just a long time to be away from home and I think swimming truly wears them out. I don’t think we fed them enough the first few days because Jeff and I have less appetite during the day when we’re out in the sun, but these girls swim nonstop. Anyway, it’s catching up with her.
Jeff had PBJ pancakes and I had a breakfast BLT with egg. Abby ate bacon and picked at a muffin. Lauren had some fruit.
Then we went to the Yurman store to look at rings again. I’m so indecisive.
Then we walked through The Coral hotel and looked at more shops over there just to kill time. We found a place serving gelato and the girls got a bowl with sprinkles and we wandered through the aquarium over there. It was a nice stroll and we saw some cool fish. Then Lauren wanted to walk through The Dig aquarium by our hotel again and Abby wanted to see more stores so we split up and wandered some more. At about 1 the girls and I made it out to the pool and Jeff went to run. By the time he got out there they were both huddled under their towels. Jeff and Lauren went to do the river and some slides and Abby and I went in to warm up. Jeff and Lauren didn’t last long on the river! Just too chilly.
We walked down to dinner at 5 - back to the marina for pizza. We brought the girls’ notebooks and they ate PBJ and played Pictionary. Then Jeff took me back to Yurman and made me decide on a ring! The sales lady told me to go stand in front of the full length mirror, which I thought was silly, but was actually what made me decide. I tried on some seriously beautiful rings, and I picked the one I thought I would wear every day (some were stunning but just too flashy to wear daily).
While I was shopping, Abby and Jeff went into Balenciaga to look at some purses that had caught Abby’s eye. She liked a sparkly pink one… we guessed prices and were off by thousands… she could have taken it home for a mere $6,600 - yikes!
The wind was so bad overnight, it sounded like the whole resort was going to blow away. I slept terribly - was up for a couple of hours at 1:30 - I did all the NYT games and started a new book.
More cool (and very windy!) weather Sat, hoping we can swim again on Sunday. Our shuttle to the airport is at 11:30 Monday.
Comments