I’m guessing this won’t necessarily be a daily post for this trip given I assume it’ll be a lot of rinse and repeat! Not that that’s a bad thing when that involves sunshine, swimming, food and drinks.










Our travel day started early Sat, everyone was awake in the 3s so we could head to the airport at 3:45. We have 3 duffles packed to the gills. I’m hoping they’re less so on the way home as we packed a lot of consumables… cheerios, granola bars, fruit strips, peanut butter, trail mix, goldfish, and Liquid IV. Plus shampoo and a few toiletries I intend to abandon.
Travel was uneventful … MSN >> ATL (Abby saw the signs for Atlanta and couldn’t figure out why they spelled Atlantis wrong - ha!) and then into Nassau. Everything there was a breeze and we had prepaid for a transfer to the resort, so we got on the shuttle without hassle as well. Abby went from loopy to sleeping in about 5 min.
We arrived and checked in … we booked a suite because I thought 9 days was a long time to be in a single room together 😂 and it’s the nicest hotel room I’ve certainly ever stayed in. You walk in to a large living room with a sectional couch (pullout for the girls) and dining table, dry bar w mini fridge, and a half bath. The bedroom is giant with a couch/sitting room, large dressing room, walk in closet, and huge bathroom with a sprawling walk in shower. (That was an exercise in how many synonyms I could come up with for big!) The one downside is we’re on the first floor (so no view). The plus is no elevators, no worry about anyone on a balcony, and we’re at the end of the hallway, so limited hallway noise.
We got to the room about 4 and quickly threw on suits and walked to the closest pool. The water was brisk, but the girls got right in. The pools close at 5, so we didn’t stay long. We did walk over to the public beach and the girls were fascinated by the waves - I think their only experience they can remember was Lake Michigan two summers ago. They were fast fans.
Ran everyone through a shower (holy cow were they sandy!!) and then walked to Shake Shack for a quick dinner. Don’t knock it - the chicken nuggets were delicious! Jeff had a burger, Abby nuggets, I had a salad with nuggets, Lauren French fries. Then we literally dragged (Abby in particular) back to the room and into bed. Jeff fell asleep on the sectional next to them for a bit, then he and I retired to our own room (!!) to watch football and finish a book (I’ll let you guess who did what).
Comments