Last night we had one of our favorite dinners...we first stopped at a place that turned out to be Mexican, which neither of us was really in the mood for, so we just had a drink there. Then we went a few doors down to an Italian place I'd heard was good. Turns out I'd heard right. Jeff had pizza, I had pasta (and fulfilled a huge craving I'd been having for red sauce...I think I'm low on sodium with all the sweating, cause that's all I've been craving!). And our waiter was fantastic...younger guy who was very chatty. I asked if they learned English in school and he said "no, you are my teachers!" Anyway, they gave us brueschetta on the house, so we left a huge tip since he'd been so fun to talk to. So, either he thinks we left a nice tip or can't convert colones to dollars correctly :)
Today we left the hotel around 1030 for our atv tour. I just made coffee and read in bed before then while Jeff slept in. There were just three of us in our group plus a guide. They give you brief instructions and then get you in a helmet and on an atv. They have a little training area the guide takes you through to make sure everyone knows what they are doing. Then we spent about 45 minutes going through some farmer's land, past all his livestock (um, hi cows!), and into the rainforest. That was very cool.
Then you head all over some back roads for another 1:30, stopping near the La Fortuna river, then back to the starting point for lunch. It was a fun day...Jeff had fun trying to how fast he could go...I just focused on staying on the thing ;) We both sunburned our arms since they were up on the handles for over two hours. Jeff's are pink, mine are fried!!
Back here to the pool for a bit, then cleaned up for dinner. We found a place downtown that was busy and pretty fancy...I think we had at least 5 people at our table pouring water, adjusting silverware based on what we ordered, a sommelier, a waitress, etc. Don RuFino. Jeff had a very spicy soup and then spicy shrimp pasta. I had an excellent salad with mozzarella, avocado, and peaches, and then chicken with spicy shrimp and squash risotto. We shared wine and I left stuffed again!
Came back here and threw on our suits to check it the hot pools at night. They were very cool! Actually, very hot! Felt both good and bad on the sunburn :) We went in four different hot pools...one was so hot it was like a stream bath for your face just sitting it! One had a huge waterfall you could stand under (and sit behind too). Then we jumped in the pool, which they heat up even more than usual at night, it was like bathwater.
We are mostly packed. We will leave here ~830 tomorrow.
Comments