After a few drizzles yesterday morning the weather rolled through...and left humidity even more oppressive than before! Sitting at breakfast, in the shade, not moving we were both sweating (my phone just autocorrected that to "swearing", which is also arcuate ;) ). So we decided to make it a pool day. Threw on our suits and had a prime spot by 10:30. Sitting there, even in partial shade we were still sweating (I love it!) and I said to Jeff, "I'm baking like a toasted cheeser, it's so hot here!" He stared blankly back at me do I continued:
"It's too hot to play baseball, Benny!"
"Fine. Then what do you want to do?"
"Ohhhhh..hehehe.....ohhhhh..hehehe..."
"POOL HONEYS!"
"Now it wasn't really the pool honeys like we said...cause if any one of them had come up to any one of us, we'd've just peed our pants. We went because, well, because Wendy Peffercorn was the lifeguard."
Apparently it's weird that I can quote that much of The Sandlot, so I stopped there :)
But anyway, or day consisted of sun, books, and fruity drinks. Jeff is very proud of the tan he has going. We saw a couple absolutely FRIED pink and my goal is to not be them!
Last night we went to dinner at El Avion, a restaurant with a big plane in the middle of it. We started with a plate of nachos that were tasty. Then I had a tuna steak, good, but not nearly as good as the previous night's. Jeff had seafood curry that was fantastic. Then we walked down to a place called The Wagon that makes pizza, just to have a drink, but the wood fired pizza looked awesome!
The roads here are crazy because all the resorts and restaurants are on a hillside between the town of Quepos (at sea level) and Manuel Antonio park...so they are very narrow and windy...and little driveways to the hotels are kinda hidden so you have to be careful that no one is coming down them. And people walk on the sides of the roads despite all that, so it's a bit hazardous.
I stayed up until after 10, which Jeff thought was more respectable than 830 :) I'm in my usual morning spot on the deck, watching more drizzle. It looks like it poured last night. We'll have to see if this moves out again like yesterday. Oh, and the very cool thing yesterday at the pool is that thunderstorm moved through north of us that we could see and hear (very loud, like fireworks!) even though we were still sitting in the sun at the pool.
Having breakfast included here has been awesome (and I didn't remember that from when we booked it, so a nice surprise!) ... we go down and get a big breakfast around 930, then don't really eat again until dinner.
Here's a pic looking back into the hills, you can see how the hotels and tucked into the rainforest. And here's one back towards the park...the overcast sky, and the crazy parking area at the hotel (everyone leaves their keys at the front desk in case they need to shuffle the cars around). I'll have to remember to take my phone with me if we go out today cause that's the only way I can post pics right now :)
Comments