We started the morning with sandcastles. Lauren and I found a sea snail crawling in the water, about the size of a nickel. Only his antenna? Feelers? Stuck out the front, we never saw the rest of him. We set up the tent we brought to give Abby some shade. It was about perfect, but the constant breeze here made it keep tipping on us. We bagged it up and put it with the other beach stuff under the house in case it serves someone else better.
We decided we needed another visit to The Wreck at Rum Point for lunch. Nana and Lauren walked up there (about 3/4 mile) ... Lauren said it was a very bumpy ride in the stroller! Nana got another black bean burger, Jeff and I got fish wraps again, and Lauren and Papa split fruit and fries. Jeff found a new favorite drink: Cayman Colada ... pina colada with raspberry liquor swirled in. Abby loves the fries and fruit too - holds on the the fruit for a pretty long time sucking on it.
More swimming in the afternoon. After baths, I put Abby to bed and then Jeff and I walked back to Rum Point for a date night dinner. The Wreck was all shut down, just a couple of tables of stragglers left finishing drinks. The other restaurant is open for dinner. I had a glass of rose, Jeff had a Cayman Colada. We shared calamari and a Caesar salad. Jeff had lobster ravioli - tasty, but very rich! I had teriyaki mahi mahi. And a Mud Slide for dessert 😊
When we got home Lauren was asleep, but apparently took a while to fall asleep, asking Nana “when my mom gets home, can I *leap* out of bed to give her a hug?!”













Comments