Well, that was a long night. I crashed 8-11 as did Abby, then she was awake and hungry (she really hadn’t had dinner) so we sat in the kitchen while she ate a banana with peanut butter (we brought a giant jar with us!) and some Cheezits (whatever survived the flight). And talked, as only Abby can.
“Mommy, what’s that noise?” (A clock) “mommy, do you think the big clock across the street makes noise?” “Mommy, are those people I hear in our building?” (No, outside). “Mommy, it’s cool we’re on the top floor.” (We’re not) “mommy, are those bars on the ceiling (exposed beams) stuck in there good? I’m worried about them.”
She laid with me after that, and tossed and turned for almost 3 hours. Lauren was better about waking up, restarting her music, getting a drink, and going back to sleep. We all slept soundly after 3am which makes sense. Lauren woke me up, I was guessing it was 8, but it was 10! Yikes.
Off to Borghese gardens for the day.
Comments