We all managed to sleep for almost 4 hours, it was hard to get everyone moving, but we rallied. We are staying in an apartment on Via De Guibbonari, so we turned up that street and after a couple of blocks we were at Campo de Fiori. The girls were sooo excited to see their first Italian fountain! Lauren is *extremely* disappointed that no one throws coins in. That is a huge mom fail on my because I talked it up a ton and now it seems it’s not a thing? Hopefully they still do at Trevi Fountain?
We got our first gelato - Abby got mint chip and Lauren asked for crema/cream, which I was worried about so I also got mint chip and she and I ended up trading. So much ice cream. We wandered up to Piazza Navona and looked at the fountains there. We briefly walked through a church. Then found Curio Pompeia … which are some cool ruins where Julius Caesar was assassinated. And also is home to a bunch of cats, which the girls were delighted by! We spent a lot of time looking around there and found a small grocery store - bought a few things for the house (bananas, snacks, bread and jelly) and a small snack (Fanta and smartees chocolates) for the girls. Everyone’s legs seemed able to work again after that and we headed back to the Campo de Fiori for dinner. All the market vendors were packing up and we found Baccanale for dinner.
Jeff got his birthday pizza (pepperoni!), I had spaghetti alla Carbonara, and the girls had plain pasta (“oh, with butter and parmesan cheese?” No, actually plain please 🤪). Lauren ate a ton of pasta. Abby drank an apple juice (bright green!). I learned that I do not like Aperol spritzes.
We came back to the house and the girls played war with Uno cards (all I know is miraculously, whatever random card Lauren plays (ie: reverse) is always the highest 😂). I stared a chapter book for them on my phone and am waiting for them to fall asleep so I can crash! Jeff had talked about staying up for the Packers game, but he already fell asleep on the couch!
The girls have a cute narrow room with double beds along the same wall. There are two drawers in the base of the beds and they each have their clothes in one and their “laundry baskets” in the other. 





Comments