We wrapped up our last day onsite (Thursday) a little early so we had the evening to explore some more before we went to the airport. We realized how quick of a walk it was from our hotel to DHCC - it seemed so much further when we drove every morning. Here's a shot of one of the buildings there. On the far left through the archway is their new data center. I got a tour on Thursday and it was really impressive.
DHCC sign and logo ... and more construction:
I felt like I was in London when I saw this bus!
We spent the evening at Wafi mall - it's not nearly the size of the Mall of the Emirates, but there was a huge Emirati population, which was nice to see. They had lots of high end stores and then in the basement was a really elaborate layout of souks (markets). We did some shopping down there and then had dinner. I had the Egyptian equivalent of a casserole - rice, lentils, pasta, tomato sauce, and fried onions - it was fantastic!!!
DHCC sign and logo ... and more construction:
I felt like I was in London when I saw this bus!
We spent the evening at Wafi mall - it's not nearly the size of the Mall of the Emirates, but there was a huge Emirati population, which was nice to see. They had lots of high end stores and then in the basement was a really elaborate layout of souks (markets). We did some shopping down there and then had dinner. I had the Egyptian equivalent of a casserole - rice, lentils, pasta, tomato sauce, and fried onions - it was fantastic!!!

Comments