Yes! I leave for the United Arab Emirates on Sunday 11/9 for almost 2 weeks on a work trip. I'm sure we will be working hard on this trip, but we'll make time in the evenings and weekends to do plenty of sight-seeing.
I've been busy preparing for the trip ... holding my mail, calling credit card companies to let them know I'll be using my card over there, reading up on what to expect in the UAE, getting prescriptions written out from my doctor (they are extremely strict about medications over there - check out this website: http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restricted_medication_.html - and you need an Rx to carry any medications into the country (even over-the-counter meds) - needless to say, I'm bringing only the necessities!), etc.
We're staying at a Swiss hotel chain (Movenpick) over there. It looks pretty cool on the website:
I've been busy preparing for the trip ... holding my mail, calling credit card companies to let them know I'll be using my card over there, reading up on what to expect in the UAE, getting prescriptions written out from my doctor (they are extremely strict about medications over there - check out this website: http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restricted_medication_.html - and you need an Rx to carry any medications into the country (even over-the-counter meds) - needless to say, I'm bringing only the necessities!), etc.
We're staying at a Swiss hotel chain (Movenpick) over there. It looks pretty cool on the website:
Some cool videos if you want to learn more about Dubai: http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/101/dubai
We have a 14 hour direct flight from Atlanta to Dubai on one of theses: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_777
Comments