
The flight time from Atlanta to Dubai was just under 14 hours. Which sounds long, but let me tell you ... it's LONG. I didn't sleep for more than an hour or so at a time (despite taking a sleeping pill), watched a few movies and tv shows, ate dinner twice (once shortly after taking off, and then since we were traveling west and saw the sun both rise and set on the flight, once again a couple hours before we landed), and drank several liters of water (and subsequently frequented the lovely onboard restrooms). I'm already dreading the return flight.
Our route took us quite a bit north - I didn't see our inital progress, but when I checked at one point we were over Ireland, which surprised me. That meant we continued over Europe for a bit and then down over Iraq (right by Baghdad) and into the UAE.
Once we got to the airport we quickly got through the Passport Checkpoint, grabbed our luggage, bought SIM cards and minutes for our cell phones, stopped at the ATM, and met the hotel shuttle service. I'm glad we were all prepared with perscriptions and all, but I didn't see a single person get stopped or have their luggage searched.
Anyway ... it's late here and I'm going to try to catch some sleep. I think there's a restaurant below my room, so I've got some jammin' Arabic music blasting up through the floor right now, but I think the travel wore me out enough that I'll sleep anyway.
Comments